A blog for women: issues we face, devotionals, mom talk and stories, craft ideas, and anything that is worth sharing.

Friday, April 8, 2011

I Am A List-Maker

I am a person who makes "To Do" lists...constantly. Any time I have more than a couple of things scheduled or due I just have to make a list in order to process it, otherwise it feels like a bunch of things are hanging over my head.

When reading this can you tell I am a person who gets stressed? Easily?

For some reason everything on my calendar and planner has hit me at once and I am feeling a huge weight over me. I have been making to do lists like it's a compulsion!

Nothing really even big is going on, it is just a bunch of little stuff adding up and I am taking it upon myself to solve it all and complete it all. I am, at times, controlling. Can you relate?

Why do I continuously take it into my own hands? It is useless and, quite frankly, a sin. Whenever I get into this mode of 'me, me, me' or 'what can I do to make this better,' God always convicts me and tells me to give it up. Give it to Him.

God's Word tells us to do so,
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

All I can say is, what relief! God willingly takes anything we are prone to be anxious about upon Himself and promises to give us PEACE. That is quite a promise and not only must I accept that, but give thanks.

So, I think I will give up the to do lists for awhile and start the praying and trusting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment