A blog for women: issues we face, devotionals, mom talk and stories, craft ideas, and anything that is worth sharing.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

1 Week

I have learned that a lot can change in just 1 week! Last Wednesday my husband was let go from his job. It was pretty much a shock when he called me to tell me the news and that he was on his way home. At first I pretty much lost control (thankfully the kids were napping so I was able to have a little cry time alone. ) Once I got a hold of myself I prayed. Just prayed and prayed. Once I settled down even a bit more I opened the Bible and God just spoke softly to my heart. He told me to Trust, to have Peace, and to know that He will Provide.
It is truly amazing how God is with us through every up and down in life. Having just lost our only income you would think that I would have been stressed beyond belief, but that isn't what happened. I really felt peaceful.
We did what we had to do: budgeted, asked  friends and family if they knew of anything and for their prayers, and applied to MANY jobs. And, Praise the Lord, we were only jobless for exactly 1 week. This last Wednesday God provided us with a job and we couldn't be more thankful! Not only because God provided, but because in that short week He showed us a lot of things...about our future, about some changes we need to make, and how to trust Him and feel content in every circumstance.
So, actually I am grateful that we went through this and look forward to what the future holds!

1 comment:

  1. As the old saying goes, "God works in mysterious ways", is so true! I believe this is one of those times. I am proud of both of you for the way you handled this situation. nm

    ReplyDelete