A blog for women: issues we face, devotionals, mom talk and stories, craft ideas, and anything that is worth sharing.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Broken

My heart is breaking.

God is breaking my heart for His people.

Every month at my church we learn about a different country and focus our prayers and giving to that country. This month is the DRC or the Congo. And my heart is BROKEN for these people!

The Congo is a war torn country. Rebel groups are everywhere causing the people to live in fear. Little boys are being taken by these groups and are forced to participate in the violence...little girls and women are raped, beaten, and killed. The people are dying of hunger and malnutrition. The number of displaced peoples and children is astounding...

I am begging you to come to the Almighty God that we serve and plead for these people! He is the only way that this country can be revived, freed, and at peace. Ask what can I do to help give some hope to the Congolese?

There are a few ways to start:
#1- PRAY. For peace, for their poverty, for their safety, and for a revival.
#2- GIVE. Here are a few genuine organizations trying to make a difference in the Congo. They need support to continue their efforts. Heal Africa, Women for Women, and the International Rescue Committee
#3- SPREAD the word of what is happening in Congo. Friends of the Congo has some very useful resources.

When I hear of the horrors that are going on in other countries, I can't help but think of the line from the song "Hosanna" by Hillsong. "Break my heart for what breaks Yours. Everything I am for Your kingdom's cause. As I walk from earth into eternity."

May this ring true in our hearts and be a mission for our lives as Christ Followers.

*Image from Kateholt.com*

1 comment:

  1. I hear you.....this is truly heartbreaking!

    ReplyDelete