A blog for women: issues we face, devotionals, mom talk and stories, craft ideas, and anything that is worth sharing.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

His First Love :)


My little guy LOVES sports. The ones that involve a ball anyway. He will sit and watch golf for an hour on a Sunday afternoon and he is only 2 years old {May 5th he'll be 2}! When he wakes up in the morning the first thing he says is "Ball!" He won't ride in the car without one in each hand and he won't go into church without one as well. He is obsessed you could say.
I am excited to see how this love of balls will develop as he gets older. As his mama I want to help him grow his natural abilities and harness the talent he has into something productive and useful.
Now, don't get me wrong I am not one of those pushy moms that is going to force anything on him. And I realize he is very young, but why not start early if he wants to?
I found a soccer class in our area that is for kids ages 18 months - 3 years and I signed him up as soon as I could! The class will only be one hour every Saturday morning from the beginning of June to the end of July. But I think it will be great for him. There is a high level of parent participation at this age, so Garrett is going to do it and they are going to make it "Daddy and Son Time." :)
Caden, also, doesn't interact with other children too often. Just on Sundays in the nursery at church. So, I think this will be a good way for him to spend some time with other kids that have the same interests as him (Balls. haha!).
I love watching Caden grow and learn and develop. I love seeing him show us what he likes and what he doesn't. What he is naturally gifted with and what he needs to work on. Even though he has parents that don't know a whole lot about sports I want to be the kind of parent that if he loves it then I will love it and I will become one of the biggest sports fanatics you know! :)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you and Garrett. Your doing a great job parenting.

    ReplyDelete