A blog for women: issues we face, devotionals, mom talk and stories, craft ideas, and anything that is worth sharing.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Where is Mommy's Time Out?!

It seems like life has a good way of taking my attention from things that I want to focus on. I can't believe it has been so long since I have posted! So much has changed, one of which being the birth of my daughter! When I started this blog I had every intention to keep up with it regularly and I am sad that it hasn't been the case.
Anyhow, I remembered this little blog today and decided to post.
It has been a rough couple of days for me. I am not sure why exactly. It is just one of those things where it seems like nothing is really going the way you want it to and you just feel emotionally wiped out.
I feel like I need a break. Just a little time out to feel renewed again.
That is a very hard thing to come by when you have an almost 2 year old and a 3 month old to care for.
I am starting to realize that although I desperately want a break, it might not actually be the best thing for me. If every time that things didn't go my way I escaped to a better place or 'fled the scene' then what does that do? It sets myself up for disaster the next time something goes wrong or gets difficult.
God sometimes wants to take us through hard times in order to shape us into the people that He wants us to be. There are more times than I know of that God prevents me from going through hardship that I deserve. He rescues me, shields me, and delivers me time and time again. But sometimes I need the heat, I need to hurt in order to once again see how totally desperate I am for His love and grace. And through the fire I pray He will refine me. I want to handle hard times with trust, peace, and patience and right now He is giving me the opportunity to practice those qualities and grow them!
So, do I want a break? Yes. But I think that right now I would rather have a breakthrough.

No comments:

Post a Comment