A blog for women: issues we face, devotionals, mom talk and stories, craft ideas, and anything that is worth sharing.

Monday, January 24, 2011

DELICIOUS oatmeal cookie recipe

These oatmeal cookies have a little umph to them...dried cranberries and chocolate chips! I made them for the first time 2 days ago and my husband has gone crazy for them! They are very quick and easy, plus tasty as can be! I couldn't help but share it with all of you. *Recipe courtesy of Ocean Spray Craisins, with some changes I have made*

Oatmeal Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
2/3 cup butter/margarine
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup dried cranberries (I used Craisins)
2/3 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Using an electric mixer , beat butter and brown sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well.
Combine oats, flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition.
Stir in dried cranberries and chocolate chips.
Drop by Tablespoon fulls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Do you have any left to share with you mother??

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! As I said on fb, hubby has been asking me to make oatmeal cookies....so...I will try these..and I even have the craisins :-).


    nm

    ReplyDelete