A blog for women: issues we face, devotionals, mom talk and stories, craft ideas, and anything that is worth sharing.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hello 2011

Ah, New Year's Resolutions...there is just something about the word that bothers me. Maybe it's because I have, in the past, made them and failed to keep them time and time again! Haha.
I do welcome the fact that the new year represents a time for us to, in a way, start fresh. We can re-evaluate how we have been living and change some of those things that we think we can do better or want to do differently. It helps to know that the majority of the country is trying to do the same thing at the same time...none of us ever want to feel alone.
For the past few years I have decided to make goals for the new year. You might be thinking 'that is basically the same thing as a New Year Resolution.' And I know to some people it is, but because of the "stigma" I have attached to the word "resolution" I prefer GOALS.
These goals help me to have a vision and a focus in the new year. They help me to see where I want to be by this time next year and set a road on how I will get there. Of course, things don't always go as planned...I know that more than anyone, and I always plan for some surprises and a lot of wiggle room along the way.
There are little goals that I have made like, putting a designated amount into savings each month and working out while I watch my evening shows. There are, also, some bigger ones like, read my entire Bible in just 1 year...which leads me to my main goal as we enter this new year. As I reset and refocus and think about where I want to be next year I want it to be closer to God. Plain and simple. I want to know Him more, I want to love Him more, I want to serve Him more.
We are only 2 weeks into 2011; what are your goals, big or little?
Do you feel uplifted and renewed with the start of a new year? I encourage you to take a little quite time to ponder 2010 and reset for 2011. It is going to be a great year!

1 comment:

  1. Good job Ang! I have witnessed first hand your desire to minister to young women. I believe by using your gift you can be a blessing to many...

    ReplyDelete